Friday, February 4, 2011

Oregon Medical Association - News Letter Proposal

The Oregon Medical Association (OMA) is a non-profit based in Portland, OR. Their mission is to serve and support physicians in their efforts to improve the health of Oregonians. Their vision is a health Oregon cared by a vibrant medical profession. Their values are integrity, leadership, and unity. OMA provides services that help physicians and their staff manage operations more efficiently. For example they provide forms that physicians can use for day-to-day operations such as Patient informed consent forms as well as insurance claim forms.

I am interested in using this non-profit for the news letter proposal because it is concerned with improving the health care system. I am interested in writing articles related to how information technology is being used to improve the efficiency of health care. After investigating how information technology is being used in health care I learned that IT is being used to all over the country to improve the efficiency of health in the United States. The audience I would be writing to would be members of OMA. I.E. physicians and people concerned with improving the health of Oregonians.

The Oregon Medical Association has a professional aesthetic. The web site is very clean and organized. It does not use bright colors or images. When I look at the web page I get the impression that this is place you go to do business.

An idea I have for an article would be to discuss the e-prescribing system I mentioned in my most recent BizBuzz. I think this would be something that the medical community would be interested in learning about because it is consistent with OMA’s mission. The e-prescribing system has a lot of potential to improve the health of Oregonians by reducing the risk of errors in prescriptions.

Do you think the BizBuzz article related to e-prescribing would be of interest to the OMA community?

1 comment:

  1. I believe has and will be of interest to OMA. Currently, hospitals are having a 4 year old system that they use to expedite prescriptions, but it only has been utilized in large hospitals with the funding necessary to buy the program. Older hospitals are still on the tubing system, sending and receiving prescriptions.

    ReplyDelete